quarta-feira, 17 de julho de 2024

With your eyes closed

I want to treat you like you treat me
But it's hard
Because you're from a different planet
And I barely know how to use your signs

And even though I'm a traveler 
Seeking for new species
To meet me
And teach me
Better ways to survive

I don't know how to read you
You're a sweet, you're a riddle
You're so common and simple
I don't know how you ended up
Opening up my mind

I try to write you some poetry
After 3am
Thinking of the door that you handmade
To invite me inside

Until you choose to walk away

I've been
Trying to teach myself
How to treat you 
As sweet as you treat me
With your both eyes closed

You don't even need to walk away
To be far from me
I know that I'm unreachable
But you don't even try

And I shouldn't be trying hard
To accomplish
Such an easy task
To choose my words so carefully
On the tip of my toes

But I don't know how to translate you
And I don't like it easy
And maybe I don't like happy 
Afterall

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário