segunda-feira, 22 de fevereiro de 2016

People Make the World Go Round

I chose silence.
For the long talks we used to have.
For the long nights we used to share.
Because the more I talk,
The less I speak.
Because I feel
Like I am speaking to the walls.
But I wanted you to keep noisy.
I wanted you to keep talking to me.
'Cause when you open your mouth
Feels like the world goes round again.
It doesn't make it beautiful or ugly.
Just feels like I'm not stuck in time
Or in some weird place.
Feels like I am not just a waste of space.

And then I woke up.
I felt like a kid.
I dressed myself like a kid.
Wanted some bubblegum ice cream.
Wanted to gab around
Like I was free.
Like I used to do when I was younger.
I had so many friends.
Was so naïve, and never lonely.

I put my red lipstick on.
I was a grown up woman now.
Alone. Strange.
I had my class.
I was in time.
I couldn't make myself just cry.
And I had so much to say.
So much to say.
But I was quiet again.
And I was reading
You, speaking to me.
It didn't have my name on the bottom.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário